Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paying attention to simple things.

I'm halfway around the world.

Amazing to be here, and I feel so lucky to be traveling with my daughter and father, and visiting my friend/college roommate and her family. It's been way too long.

I was told before I left to pay attention to the simple things while I'm here. It's easy to be overwhelmed by the big- sights, sounds, adventures. Harder to pay attention to the smaller experiences.

But I have been.

Like watching my daughter and her grandpa chatting and laughing together while she jumps on the trampoline.

And seeing beautiful colors of the fruit and veggies at the central market.

And the feeling the softness inside a kangaroo's pouch.

And listening to the sea while walking with my friend and her not so tiny puppy.

And the smell of a freshly brewed cup of fru-fru coffee.

And hearing the cool cadence of the oh so kind australians.

And chatting about old times, and new- and generally just goofing off.

And paying attention to my heart- and realizing that I'm finding myself on the other side of a really challenging summer.

It has been great- and so short- but just right all the same.

I'm so thankful to have had this time with my family and my friend and her family.

I wouldn't change a minute of this experience.

It has been so simple.

And I've been paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment